1994: The Bloody Miracle | Meg Rickards & Bert Haitsma | South Africa | 2014 | 108 min
As South Africa celebrates its 23rd anniversary of the advent of democracy in 1994, it’s hard to believe the ‘Mandela miracle’ nearly didn’t happen.
In an orgy of countrywide violence, some were intent on derailing the first free elections.
Now, for the first time, those responsible for countless deaths and widespread mayhem explain how they nearly brought South Africa to its knees.
‘1994 – The Bloody Miracle is a chilling look at what these hard men did to thwart democracy, but how they have now made an uneasy peace with the ‘Rainbow Nation’ in their own different ways.
Where Can You View AfriDocs?
- BET Africa (DSTV129)
- Sunday evenings primetime
*Subject to change, please check local listings
- 5p.m. Cape Verde Time
- 6 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time (Mauritania to Benin)
- 7 p.m. West African Time (Niger to Namibia)
- 8 p.m. Central African Time/South Africa Standard Time
- 9 p.m. East African Time (Sudan to Tanzania)
- 10 p.m. Seychelles Time
Follow us on: