The story a slum-dweller who becomes a radio personality, journalist and self-made cameraman: Boy Dallas of Kibera. The film looks for answers to the complicated question: Why is it so hard to beat poverty? We learn the tough rules of slum life with Dallas as our guide. He notes the large amount of aid projects in his slum, Kibera, and he starts learning about the complicated mechanisms of aid. His learning process also becomes a learning process for his listeners.
For Kibera | Kati Juurus | Kenya | 2015 | 60 min
International Documentary Festival Amsterdam 2015
Where Can You View AfriDocs?
- BET Africa (DSTV129)
- Thursday evenings primetime
*Subject to change, please check local listings
- 6 p.m. Cape Verde Time
- 7 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time (Mauritania to Benin)
- 8 p.m. West African Time (Niger to Namibia)
- 9 p.m. Central African Time/South Africa Standard Time
- 10 p.m. East African Time (Sudan to Tanzania)
- 11 p.m. Seychelles Time
Follow us on: