A personal doc about race, identity and the legacy of family secrets and denial. Lacey Schwartz grew up convinced she was white. She has copper skin, black curls, and full lips – features which distinguish her instantly from her pale Jewish parents. Throughout her childhood her differences set her apart. But it wasn’t until she was 18 that she learned the truth: her real father was black. Eight years in the making and put together by Lacey herself, Little White Lie tells the compelling story of an uncomfortable, unacknowledged truth.
Little White Lie | Lacey Schwartz & James Adolphus | USA | 2014 | 65 min
Best Documentary and Audience Award, Teaneck International Film Festival, 2014
Where Can You View AfriDocs?
- BET Africa (DSTV129)
- Thursday evenings primetime
*Subject to change, please check local listings
- 6 p.m. Cape Verde Time
- 7 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time (Mauritania to Benin)
- 8 p.m. West African Time (Niger to Namibia)
- 9 p.m. Central African Time/South Africa Standard Time
- 10 p.m. East African Time (Sudan to Tanzania)
- 11 p.m. Seychelles Time
Follow us on: