Town Of Runners is a feature documentary about young people from the Ethiopian rural town of Bekoji, whose runners have won 8 Olympic Gold medals, 32 World Championships and broken 10 world records in the last 20 years. The film follows two girls who are keen to follow in their heroes’ footsteps as move from school track to national competition and from childhood to adulthood. Their mentor is a former PE teacher who has discovered and trained many of the world’s leading long distance runners including Tirunesh and Genzebe Dibaba, Kenenisa Bekele and Deratu Tulu, the first African woman to win an Olympic gold.
Where Can You View AfriDocs?
- BET Africa (DSTV129)
- Thursday evenings primetime
*Subject to change, please check local listings
- 6 p.m. Cape Verde Time
- 7 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time (Mauritania to Benin)
- 8 p.m. West African Time (Niger to Namibia)
- 9 p.m. Central African Time/South Africa Standard Time
- 10 p.m. East African Time (Sudan to Tanzania)
- 11 p.m. Seychelles Time
Follow us on: